Thursday 23 May 2013

Bertram's, Woodland Spa, Crow Wood, Burnley

Bertram's 23rd May 2013

Today I was at a business networking event at Woodland Spa and to my surprise it included afternoon tea. It would be wrong not to write a post about it, but I will be going back with hubby for a true comparison at a later date (in other words quite soon).

The afternoon tea was served on a very heavy two tier slate stand, due to it being a networking party and a few attendees having special dietary needs, the normal ones came with afternoon tea for two per stand and then the special ones, came as one per person. I was very impressed that they cater for vegetarians, nut, fish and dairy allergies.

Afternoon ta for one Bertram's Burnley


In this instance as the group we had waitress service constantly replenishing the tea and coffee and not the usual option of loose leaf tea. I am aware though that if you book the tea directly then you do get options of different teas and coffees.

The food was very well presented and very fresh and with an Italian element. There were four triangles per person consisting of two egg and cress and two with honey roast ham. In addition, there were a Parma Ham Focaccia, a Mozzarella and Tomato Crostini and Tapenade.

There were four cakes per person including a chocolate and pistachio brownie, a raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake, a mini cherry scone with lots of jam and cream and an expresso Tiramisu. On this point I would say that I left the Tiramisu as it was about 90% cream, looking at others they did seem to be proportioned better so I think this was a one off.

Cakes with afternoon tea, Bertram's, Woodland Spa Burnley


I cannot really comment on this as an experience as it was a large business group event, but the venue is very nice indeed with great views, new and very comfortable.

I will not give tea cups as it is not a fair comparison, but I will be back.

Bertram's


No comments:

Post a Comment